Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Straightforward update

Doctor things are slowing down a bit, and becoming a lot more manageable. I have some testing this Friday (brain MRI, thyroid ultrasound) and normal life in between! It's pure loveliness. I have sloughed off some of my melancholy since the last post, and the butterflies have calmed a bit. There was one hiccup yesterday when Celal and I were driving to the doctor - we were listening to the radio and heard our first dance song from the wedding, so we looked at each other and started to ball. It was rough, but it passed and we're laughing and goofy yet again.

Chemo is not starting Monday, but it will likely start sometime next week. What I do have Monday is a chemo training course (hopefully easier than CELTA!), which will freak me out about all the things I can and cannot do while taking chemo. I've heard that I can't shave my legs with a razor because I might cut myself and then I'll get a horrible infection and then it's all downhill from there. Well, luckily I have an electric razor, but there's this thing I've heard about all my hair falling out? So why would I even be worried about shaving in the first place. Speaking of which, I tried on some wigs today. I'm not in love with any of them, certainly not the Bret Michaels hairstyles the lady put on me, but there was one or two that will do.

There are a lot of changes coming this week. Celal's uncle and cousin are coming to visit, then everyone (including his mom) is leaving on Sunday. We are going to miss them so much! My mom and his mom are two peas in a pod. They are so cute together (as I write, they are in the other room giggling like teenagers). Monday, I get my boobs pumped up for the first time (I hope it's not too painful!) and then the chemo course. Then on Tuesday, Grandpa and Grandma D are coming. I'm so excited for their visit, I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen.........
    Your blogs "lift" and inspire me. YOU may not think you're inspiring, or necessarily feel inspiring, but you gotta' know...you are!
    I see you like your mother in that you "cut to the chase," say it like it is and "deal." There's SO much to be learned from that. Go Jen!
    By the way.........those "fours" are really hard to get in Bunco. I'm gonna' keep practicing. LOL
    Jo

    ReplyDelete